In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt for 01/31/15: “Tell us how your week went by putting together a playlist of five songs that represent it.”
I had a busy, tiring week, during which, I got much accomplished. After a series of busy work weeks, I saw the clients I needed to see and did most of the paperwork that needed to be done. I am almost caught up! On the home front, I started reading a new book, I wrote down a few future blog ideas, and got some laundry done. Boyfriend is the resident chef, I am the clean-up crew, and he made a wonderful soup on which we feasted for 3 days. All in all it was a good week with a few peaks and valleys. I chose my playlist to represent the range of emotions and situations I experienced, including various genres and songs both current and classic.
- Alright by Darius Rucker– This song reminds me that Boyfriend is there through the good, bad and everything else. As long we have each other, it’s alright!
- The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars– Being that I am not a morning person, I often don’t want to get up. Mondays are hard because it means the weekend is over. On other days, the reasons vary but, nonetheless, I was champ and got up and went to work.
- So What’cha Want by The Beastie Boys– This is a favorite of mine, and I don’t think you can go wrong with The Beastie Boys. On a rough day, though, I do feel like saying, “What’cha want?”
- Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles– One of my favorite Beatles’ song, it came to mind when there were a few nice, sunny days before the weather returned to cold and rain this weekend. I enjoyed a few moments in the sun while walking on my lunch break, and I know our cat enjoyed the sun peaking through the windows.
- Did My Time by Korn– This is one of my go-to bands, whether I am anger, exercising or needing music with energy. Korn has a wide variety of songs to fit the mood. Sometimes I do question decisions I have made and I struggle to do my best with the challenges life throws at me. All I can do is try must best, and then try again and again.
This play list is a pretty good example of the range of music I listen to regularly, and I really like each song. I hope you enjoy them!
Video links courtesy of YouTube